Central Baptist Church — Lawton, Oklahoma
Sunday Bulletin — September 14, 2023
We’re glad you’re here!
We meet together each Sunday to worship Jesus Christ—crucified, risen, and returning—and we invite you to join in with us as we do so.
If you have questions or need help finding something, please go to the Welcome Center, just outside the doors on the right side of the auditorium. Our pastor will also be in the Welcome Center after today’s service and would love for you to stop by so he can meet you.
If you have questions or need directions, please visit the Welcome Center.
- Sunday school — 9:30 am
- Nursery (1st floor), Kids’ Classes (3rd floor), Youth Class (Activity Center), Mixed Class (Conference Room), Special Education Class (meeting at Parker Place), and other Adult & Ladies Classes (2nd floor & Fellowship Hall)
- Sunday Morning Service — 10:45 am
- Worship Service (Auditorium), Children’s Church (3rd floor), and Nursery (1st floor)
- Sunday Evening Service — 6 pm
- Worship Service (Fellowship Hall) and Nursery (1st floor)
- Wednesday Evening Service — 6 pm
- Adult Class & Youth Class (Fellowship Hall), Children’s Classes (3rd floor), and Nursery (1st floor)
- Pastor: Jared Byrns
- Children & Music: Kristie Weber
- Administration: Rick Kitzrow
- Secretary & Finance: Stella Maxwell
- Sr. Adults: Bill Osborn
- Adults: Rick Kitzrow
- Young Adults: Bob Hupp
- Mixed Adults: Linda Whittington
- Ladies: Bonnie Hix
- Youth: Huey Brown & Rodney Campbell
This Week's Services
“Weekend to Remember” in Dallas (Las Colinas) on November 17-19, 2023.
All conference registrations are 50% off until September 18.
The children’s ministry is currently in need of volunteers to assist the teachers in various classes. These helper positions do not require teaching and do not require you to manage a class by yourself. (Church policy requires a minimum of two workers in each children’s class.)
If God is leading you to serve in this ministry, contact Kristie Weber.
What kinds of items do we currently need for our food pantry?
- Unopened, unexpired food items, including:
- Non-perishable grocery items that will allow people to prepare meals using mainly ingredients the food pantry has on hand (i.e., items that don’t require added eggs, butter, milk, etc.)
- Non-perishable food items that can be eaten without preparation or cooking (e.g., trail mix, squeezable fruit pouches, Vienna sausages, etc.)
- All canned goods need to have the pop top
- Plastic bags, both Walmart bags and large Ziplock-type bags
We’re off to an excellent start with this needed ministry. God bless you for your faithfulness to help people in our community who need it.
Every Saturday, 10am-12pm
2001 SW D. Ave, Lawton, OK
Children’s Ministry 11 am-12 pm
Free clothing giveaway 10 am
Worship Service 11 am
Lunch 12 pm
Tuesday Gathering starting at 5:30 pm
We have a Prayer Room available on the 2nd floor for all to come and use during office hours and when the church is open.
We also have “Prayer Request Cards” at each entry of the sanctuary. Feel free to use these and leave them in the drop box at the Welcome Center, and our Prayer Team will pray over those requests.
Stump the Preacher
On the first Wednesday of each month in the 6 pm Adult Bible Study, Bro. Jared answers questions submitted by the congregation. If you have a question, you can submit it online (anonymously, if you prefer) for consideration.